Pizza da Piero is the leading manufacturer of authentic pizza bases to the retail and foodservice trade throughout Ireland. Due to continued growth, we now wish to recruit for the following position:
Production Supervisor/ Quality Manager
Reporting To: Managing Director
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
To work with the Managing Director in overseeing the management of the production facility ensuring the planning coordination and control of the company’s manufacturing process. Overseeing the quality systems and procedures, ensuring that they meet current & future legislation
· The production supervisor is responsible for all products, ensuring they are produced efficiently to the correct specification and that correct amount is produced at the right cost.
· Work with the production team to ensure all daily production orders are achieved.
· Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly reports for delivery to the Managing Director.
· Maintain and manage the company quality systems and procedures and ensure that all hygiene quality is met.
· To lead and drive hygiene standards within the area through regular monitoring and auditing of strip down and cleaning taking place.
· Manage the HACCP quality manual.
· Plan production and scheduling activities in accordance with customer delivery requirements. Review production performance on an ongoing basis and communicate daily with the Managing Director.
· Manage and motivate production staff to ensure that all are working to correct standards of efficiency, quality, & hygiene.
· As leader of the quality team, work to improve the quality systems in line with legislative requirements for the food industry and recognised standards as appropriate.
· Monitor the production process and adjust schedules where required.
· Ensure corrective action is implemented if product/procedures deviate from the standard.
· Work with the team to implement best working practices and operational methods in order to maintain competitiveness. Develop and implement improvements in production methods.
· Identify actual or potential problem areas and provide technical advice regarding production methods.
· Provide “hands-on” assistance with production staff and train staff as to best working practices.
· Ensure effective production floor housekeeping and the maintenance of plant and equipment in accordance with legislative Health and Safety requirements.
· Assume responsibility for the day to day management of production staff, when the Managing Director is unavailable or on holidays. Work to instil a proactive, team oriented culture ensuring positive employee relations.