This recipe was featured on LovinDublin a while back when they tried out our pizza bases. We’ve changed up the recipe a bit to suit what we had in the press and that’s what’s so great about making your own pizza - the experimenting with flavours, ingredients and using what’s available.
For a simply sinful weekend indulgence like this one, you’ll need -
Pizza da Piero Pizza Base
1 Ripe Pear thinly sliced
Toasted Walnut Pieces
1 small Onion
Tablespoon of Butter
(Optional) Handful of Rocket & drizzle of Honey
1) Pre Heat your oven to the highest temperature
2) Finely chop the Onion and sauté in the Butter on a low heat until soft (about 10mins)
3) Spread Onion and Butter on the Pizza Base
4) Sprinkle with grated Mozzarella
5) Arrange the Pear, Blue Cheese and toasted Walnuts on the Pizza.
6) Cook in oven for 3 - 5 minutes
7) Top with Rocket and drizzle with Honey